Wellpath | Nashville, TN
Our Benefits Director is responsible for planning and directing the overall design and implementation of all employee benefits plans.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in Business Administration or Human Resources is a plus
- At least 10 years of experience in benefits design, strategy and management
- Ability to develop a benefits strategy that is aligned with the critical priorities of the business
- Experience with non-qualified plans, executive perks, amenities and work life programs
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements preferred
- Experience with federal contractor requirements preferred
- Experience working within a matrixed environment
- Solid business acumen and strategic thinker with excellent grasp of the financial and economic drivers of the overall business
- Excellent at team building and motivating people. Skilled at accomplishing goals through others. Proficient at being a teacher, mentor and coach
- Highly articulate with outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and strong executive presence
- SPHR or CEBS designation a plus
ResponsibilitiesPlan and direct the overall design and implementation of all benefit programs, including health and welfare, retirement and financial programs and work, life and family consistent with the company's strategic direction and employment propositionDevelop short-term and long-term priorities and overall strategy that aligns with the CCS's strategic objectives Analyze current and developing legislation, healthcare and retirement plan regulations and other environmental factors impacting plan performance and program competitivenessManage program financials and utilization, prepare annual budgets and track all benefits related expensesOversee the effective communication of the benefits plans and programs to optimize impact and understandingManage strong vendor partnerships and utilization of external network of experts to include all outsourced administration solutionsEnsure that benefit plans are administered in compliance with federal and state laws and regulationsEnsure that all plan filings (such as Form 5500) and audits are performed to maintain plan qualification and complianceOversee the audit process and work closely with legal counsel to develop required notices, plan amendments, plan documents, eligibility appeal response and other required documentationWork closely with organization to develop a strong value proposition and brand and clear and concise communication materialsLead, develop and motivate a strong, effective and respected Benefits organizationMust be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer